|Football legend Terry Bradshaw in "Debra's Sick"|
|Air Date||January 3, 1997|
|Preceded by||The Ball|
|Followed by||Who's Handsome?|
Debra's Sick is the 13th episode of Season 1, and is episode 13 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Ray's world is suddenly flipped upside-down when Debra and the kids get sick. Ray has to take care of his family instead of doing other things he had planned, including interviewing Terry Bradshaw.
- Episode Title: Debra's Sick
- Episode Number: Season 1, Episode 13 (#13 of 210)
- Air Date: January 3, 1997
- Episode description (from DVD): "Debra is sick and asks Ray to help with the kids, but he is supposed to have a meeting with Terry Bradshaw. Later, Ally and Michael get sick, too, and Ray has to take them to the doctor's office, where he has asked Bradshaw to meet him."
- Ray Romano as Ray
- Patricia Heaton as Debra
- Brad Garrett as Robert
- Doris Roberts as Marie
- Peter Boyle as Frank
- Madylin Sweeten as Ally
- Sawyer Sweeten as Geoffrey
- Sullivan Sweeten as Michael
- Terry Bradshaw as Himself
- Jack Blessing as Dr. Hammond
- Cynthena Sanders as Parent #1
- Jonathan Chapin as Parent #2
- Hannah Swanson as Little Kid
- Curtis Blanck as Staring Kid
- Preceded by: "The Ball"
- Followed by: "Who's Handsome?"
Ray has a meeting scheduled with football star Terry Bradshaw because he plans to ghostwrite Bradshaws book. But when Debra and two of the three kids get sick, he has to cancel the meeting and take them to the doctor.
Trying to salvage something, Ray asks Bradshaw to meet him at the doctor's office. After a brief and unproductive talk in the waiting room, Bradshaw says it's not going to work out and leaves.
While Ray is in the doctor's office with Ally and Michael, Dr. Hammond asks about the kids eating habits and friends they play with. Ray, not being at home a whole lot, stutters to find an answer. He didn't even know what Ally's favorite movie is. Then, to top it off, it turns out that he accidentally brought Geoffrey to the doctor instead of Michael.
At the end of the episode, Terry Bradshaw calls Ray and wants to meet again. Ray, realizing that he needs to spend more time at home with his family, declines Bradshaw's offer. After hanging up the phone, Debra gets mad at him for not taking the job. They could have used the money.
This episode is one of many that shows Ray's stupidity and his unwillingness to take on any responsibility.
Even though the character Bernie did not appear in this episode, his name was mentioned.
- Marie: "I'm here, don't worry."