|Debra driving with Frank and the kids in "Driving Frank"|
|Air Date||September 28, 1998|
|Preceded by||The Invasion|
|Followed by||The Sitter|
Driving Frank is the second episode of Season 3, and is episode 49 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Ray and the family finds out that Frank's driver's license is expired.
- Episode Title: Driving Frank
- Episode Number: Season 3, Episode 2 (#49 of 210)
- Air Date: September 28, 1998
- Episode description (from DVD): "Frank hits Robert's patrol car and needs to take a driving test."
- Preceded by: "The Invasion"
- Followed by: "The Sitter"
Robert tries to give Frank a ticket because he hit his patrol car. Then the family finds out that Frank's drivers license has expired, and Ray experiences, first hand, how bad Frank's driving actually is.
So Debra doesn't want Frank to drive the kids anymore. And Ray has the pleasure of witnessing the test he takes at the DMV.
This is one of the many, many episodes in which Frank refers to his sons as both "Sally" and "Nancy".
- FRANK: This whole family's a bunch of pansies.
- FRANK: (mouth full of pizza) What are you blubbering about?
- RAY: You! You're a terrible driver!
- FRANK: I'm a great driver.
- RAY: Dad, we almost got hit!
- FRANK: It was in my blind spot!
- RAY: (incredulous) A twenty-car funeral procession? That's not a blind spot, Dad. That's west!