|Date of Birth||Kevin George Knipling on April 26, 1965 in Mineola, NY, U.S.|
|Date of Death|
|Character||Kevin and Doug|
|First Appearance|| Season 1 Episode 11|
|Number of episodes||8|
Kevin James (born Kevin George Knipfing on April 26, 1965) is the actor who plays both Kevin and Doug Heffernan in the show. Kevin is well known for his Doug Heffernan role on The King of Queens, which is ELR's spinoff/sister series. He also occasionally writer in several episodes of The King of Queens, such as Inner Tube. He recently portrayed as Kevin Gable in CBS sitcom Kevin Can Wait.
Kevin was born in Mineola, New York at Winthrop-University Hospital. He is the second son of Janet, a homemaker who also worked in a chiropractor's office, and Joseph Valentine Knipfing, Jr., who owned an insurance agency. He has German ancestry. James has two siblings, Gary Joseph Knipfing, known as Gary Valentine, who appears on King of Queens as Danny Heffernan, Doug's cousin, also a comedian, and Leslie Knipfing; Leslie works for James and helped raise money through charity events for retinitis pigmentosa, with which she is afflicted. James was raised in the "S-Section" of Stony Brook, Long Island, New York, and graduated from Ward Melville High School in 1983, where he was on the football and wrestling teams. One of his wrestling teammates, Mick Foley, eventually became a professional wrestler. James was a student at, but did not graduate from, the State University of New York at Cortland, where he was a member of Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity.
On June 19, 2004, James married actress Steffiana de la Cruz, who has also appeared on the King of Queens TV series four times, in various guest roles. Their first child, daughter Sienna-Marie, was born on September 30, 2005. Their second daughter, Shea Joelle, was born on June 14, 2007, she was named after the ballpark Shea Stadium. They welcomed their first son and third child, Kannon Valentine, on April 24, 2011. Their third daughter, Sistine Sabella was born on June 2015. James is the younger brother of comedian Gary Valentine (born Gary Knipfing), who played Doug's cousin Danny Heffernan on King of Queens.
He is a close friend of retired mixed martial arts fighter Bas Rutten, and trains with him at his school in Thousand Oaks, California.
Kevin, like his character Doug on King of Queens, is also known for being a big sports fan, particularly as a fan of the New York Knicks, New York Jets, and the New York Mets.
- ↑ [http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~battle/celeb/kjames.htm Kevin George Knipfing (Kevin James) Bio reference at Ancestry.com
- ↑ Kevin James Biography at Film Reference.com
- ↑ NewsBank.com biographical reference
- ↑ http://www.showbiz.de/2011/06/29/kevin-james-bleib-dir-treu/
- ↑ Kevin James Biography at Yahoo! Movies
- ↑ L.I.'s Biggest Export? Try Standup Comedy, by Susan Konig for The New York Times, November 14, 1999, accessed October 2, 2012.
- ↑ Kevin James Biography on IMDB.com
- ↑  Template:Dead link
- ↑ Kevin James Welcomes Son Kannon Valentine – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies – People.com. Celebritybabies.people.com (2011-01-17). Retrieved on 2011-06-01.
Kevin has not only had a successful stand-up comedy career, but also a successful career in film and television.
- 2005 - Hitch
- 2006 - Monster House (Voice)
- 2006 - Grilled
- 2006 - Barnyard (Voice)
- 2007 - I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
- 2009 - Paul Blart: Mall Cop
- 2010 - Grown Ups
- 2011 - The Dilemma
- 2011 - Zookeeper
- 2012 - Here Comes the Boom
- 2013 - Hotel Transylvania (Voice)
- 2013 - Grown Ups 2
- 2015 - Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Martial Law
Everybody Loves Raymond AppearancesEdit
- Season 1, Episode 11: "Captain Nemo"
- Season 2, Episode 1: "Ray's on TV"
- Season 2, Episode 5: "Golf"
- Season 2, Episode 22: "Six Feet Under"
- Season 2, Episode 24: "The Wedding: Part 1"
- Season 2, Episode 25: "The Wedding: Part 2"