|Debra pulling off the fake label in "Marie's Meatballs"|
|Air Date||January 19, 1998|
|Director(s)||Brian K. Roberts|
|Writer(s)||Susan Van Allen|
|Preceded by||Mia Famiglia|
|Followed by||The Checkbook|
Marie's Meatballs is the 15th episode of Season 2, and is episode 37 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Marie teaches Debra how to make her famous meatballs. But Marie secretly sabotages Debra's recipe to make her look bad.
- Episode Title: Marie's Meatballs
- Episode Number: Season 2, Episode 15 (#37 of 210)
- Air Date: January 19, 1998
- Episode description (from DVD): "Marie teaches Debra her meatball recipe."
- Preceded by: "Mia Famiglia"
- Followed by: "The Checkbook"
Debra becomes frustrated because Ray picked the meatballs over her lemon chicken. Ray then gets the idea to have Marie teach Debra how she makes it. Hesitant about it, Debra let's Marie teach her. But when Ray tastes the finished product, the meatballs just taste weird.
This is one of the episode's where Ray walks in the door and calls Debra by some funny nickname. He actually does it two different times in the episode.
Debra's lemon chicken also appears in this episode, as it does many times throughout the series.
Robert's quirkiness is also referenced, when he mentions that he washes his keys because they smell.
In the episode, the battle between Marie's Thanksgiving turkey and Debra's fish (in the Season 1 episode "Turkey or Fish") is referenced.
- DEBRA: You know what I don't get? I don't get how you couldn't see my side of this! You're so busy defending your saint of a mother, that you make me out to be some kind of ungrateful nutcase! Well, who's the nutcase now, Ray? Who's the nutcase now?!