Marie's basics about posture are:
- "Leaning in - sitting up's for the dinner table."
- "Relaxed elbows and in - we're not flying away."
And about remembering which notes are which:
- "F-A-C-E - face, are the notes in the spaces."
- "E-G-B-D-F are the notes with the line running through it."
- "Every Girl Bakes Delicious Fudge"
But Ray had his own way of remembering the notes:
- "Ellen Garvey's Behind Deserves Framing"
- "Eric Gunsel Boinked--" (Marie interrupted him before the viewer could hear the rest.)
Marie also had all the different colored books from Beginner to Advanced. She also had a lot of songs to play. Some of which were "Pretty Polly", "Eskimo Boy", and "Theme from Love Story".