|Ray looking at Robert's new clothes in "Robert's Date"|
|Air Date||February 1, 1999|
|Preceded by||Pants on Fire|
|Followed by||Frank's Tribute|
Robert's Date is the 15th episode of Season 3, and is episode 62 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Robert tries to fit in with his new friends.
- Episode Title: Robert's Date
- Episode Number: Season 3, Episode 15 (#62 of 210)
- Air Date: February 1, 1999
- Episode description (from DVD): "Robert's patrol partner, Judy, invites him out with her friends."
- Preceded by: "Pants on Fire"
- Followed by: "Frank's Tribute"
Reluctant at first, Robert agrees to go. When they get to a club called Eta's, Robert notices he's the only white person. Everyone else is black. After Judy forces him to dance and mingle with her friends, Robert eventually feels more comfortable with them. But maybe a little too comfortable, because Robert's personality begins to change and he starts acting like he's black. Both Ray and Judy try to discourage that, but in a nice way.
Robert usually has a boring, uneventful life throughout the series, which is also seen in this episode. But Judy tries to change that.
In a few episodes of the series, Robert shows off his dance moves. And that happens in this episode as well.
Actress Patricia Heaton was pregnant at the time of filming for this episode, so she did not appear in many of the shots. And when she did, she either wore big, baggy clothing or held an object in front of her to hide the pregnant belly. But in this episode, the camera never filmed her below the chest.
- Judy: "Barone! Come on! Are you gonna kick it or what?!"
- Frank: "Nice suit. Where's Gladys and the other two Pips?"
- Robert: "That is so whack!"
- Ray: "Right there! See? That's what I'm talking about. We're Italian, Robert. "Whack" means something else to us."