|Ray and Robert trying to use the ATM in "The Checkbook"|
|Air Date||February 2, 1998|
|Preceded by||Marie's Meatballs|
|Followed by||The Ride-Along|
The Checkbook is the 16th episode of Season 2, and is episode 38 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Ray takes over the finances to prove a point. But as he soon finds out, it's not as easy as he thought it would be.
- Episode Title: The Checkbook
- Episode Number: Season 2, Episode 16 (#38 of 210)
- Air Date: February 2, 1998
- Episode description (from DVD): "Ray takes over managing the family finances from Debra."
- Preceded by: "Marie's Meatballs"
- Followed by: "The Ride-Along"
Weeks later, while at Nemo's Pizza, Andy tells Ray everything he's done wrong in the checkbook. And because the check bounced, the electric company is shutting off power to the Barones house. So Ray asks Robert for some money.
Since Debra is on her way to the bank, Ray rushes to the ATM to put the money in the account before Debra notices the problems.
Robert does his infamous "crazy chin" move. When Ray and Robert are standing at the ATM, Robert touches the card to his chin before putting it into the ATM.
- Ray: (to Ally) "You saw Daddy talking. You couldn't stop me?"