Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Warren, Lois and Leann in "The Toaster"|
|Air Date||December 14, 1998|
|Preceded by||The Apartment|
|Followed by||Ping Pong|
The Toaster is the 12th episode of Season 3, and is episode 59 of the full 210 episodes for the entire series. In this episode, Ray decides on Christmas gifts but later has doubts about them.
- Episode Title: The Toaster
- Episode Number: Season 3, Episode 12 (#59 of 210)
- Air Date: December 14, 1998
- Episode description (from DVD): "Ray buys the family engraved toasters for Christmas."
- Ray Romano as Ray
- Patricia Heaton as Debra
- Brad Garrett as Robert
- Doris Roberts as Marie
- Peter Boyle as Frank
- Madylin Sweeten as Ally
- Sawyer Sweeten as Geoffrey
- Sullivan Sweeten as Michael
- Robert Culp as Warren
- P.B. Hutton as Exchange Lady
- Peggy Doyle as Elderly Woman
- Drenda Spohnholtz as Leann
- Philip Abrams as Sales Clerk
- Katherine Helmond as Lois
- Preceded by: "The Apartment"
- Followed by: "Ping Pong"
It's Christmas time, and Ray has the idea of giving engraved toasters to everyone. Being the pessimist he is, Ray is worried that everyone will think it's a dumb idea. But when Debra's parents, Warren and Lois, loved the gift, Ray began to feel better about himself. Later, Ray finds out that Frank and Marie exchanged their toaster for a coffeemaker.
In the beginning of the episode, Ray shows his pessimistic side, as he often does.
Frank utters his famous tag-line "holy crap".
Marie complains about how much she hates the Fruit of the Month Club.
Actress Patricia Heaton was pregnant at the time of filming for this episode, so she did not appear in many of the shots. And when she did, she either wore big, baggy clothing or held an object, such as blankets, in front of her to hide the pregnant belly.
This is the one and only time in the series that the viewer gets to see the home in Connecticut where Warren and Lois live.
- Debra: "Yes, yes. This is a very...hip...funky...bad-ass toaster."
- Marie: "Don't you tell me to be quiet! I have a mind of my own, you know. I can contribute. I'm not just some trophy wife!"
- Frank: "You're a trophy wife? What contest in hell did I win?"